Columbia College Summer Swim 2019
The Columbia College Summer Swim program is a program designed to develop and enhance the swimming abilities of swimmers of all ages starting at 6 months as the minimum age for entry. The program offers classes throughout the whole summer broken up into 3 sessions, each lasting two weeks. The classes run from Monday through Thursday of each week. The class times run throughout the whole day. The cost is $70 per child per session and is non-refundable.
All classes, instructors, and lifeguards at the Columbia College Swim School are American Red Cross Certified. Preschool classes do not exceed six students per instructor and all other classes are limited to eight students per instructor.
Session one: June 3-13
Session two: June 17-27
Session three: July 8-18
Afternoon times available: 2:30, 3:20, 4:10, 5:00, 5:50, and 6:40.
6 months - 36 months
30 minutes long*
3 years - 5 years
35 minutes long
- Levels 1-5 & Adult:
5 years and older
40 minutes long
* A parent or guardian must be in the pool with the infant or toddler during this class (this ONLY applies to children in the 6 - 36 month age class).
When Choosing your Child’s Group, Please consider the following
- Infant/Toddler—Up to 3 years-old with an adult in the water with each child
- Pre-School—3-5 Year-old children with instruction in shallow water
- Level 1-Beginner of at least 5 years old, learning basic skills and adjustment to the water
- Level 2- Child can already submerge themselves, blow bubbles and start to float on their own
- Level 3-Child can already float and kick on their own on their front and back with some treading
- Level 4-Child can already float and kick on their front and back and can also do modified swimming strokes and is also efficient in treading water
- Level 5-Child can do some swimming strokes and tread water efficiently
- Adult-Adults of all levels are welcome
How To Register
Register Online or in person
A fully completed Assumption of Risk form is required for participation in the Columbia College Swim School. You may download the Assumption of Risk Form by clicking here. If you do not submit a fully completed Assumption of Risk Form to Columbia College, you or your child will not be allowed to participate. Please print the form, sign it for your child or yourself, and mail it to:
Program Director Information Coming Soon*
Columbia College Swim School
1301 Columbia College Drive
Columbia, S.C. 29203
Or you may fill out and submit a registration form in person in the Godbold Center on the Columbia College campus.
Space is limited!
Cost and Policies
- Cost is $70 per session. Payment must be made at time of registration or you will not be registered
- There are no make ups, no refunds, and no changing classes! Thank you for understanding.
- Preschool classes do not exceed six students per instructor. All other classes do not exceed eight students per instructor.
- Classes may be canceled due to low enrollment.
- All participants must park in Lot D located on the pool side of Godbold Center.
- All Sessions will have a mandatory Safety Class. Safety Class usually runs on the last Thursday of each session unless there is inclement weather on another day.
For more information, call 803.786.3467.